37 Staggering Video Marketing Statistics for 2018
An amazing article by Mary Lister of Word Stream: Here is a link to the original article
VIDEO MARKETING VOLUME STATISTICS
· 82% of Twitter users watch video content on Twitter
· YouTube has over a billion users, almost one-third of total internet users.
· 45% of people watch more than an hour of Facebook or YouTube videos a week.
· More than 500 million hours of videos are watched on YouTube each day.
· More video content is uploaded in 30 days than the major U.S. television networks have created in 30 years.
· 87% of online marketers use video content.
· 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every 60 seconds.
· One-third of online activity is spent watching video.
· Saudi Arabia is the country with the highest daily online video access, with 98 percent of online video penetration among the population (via statista).
· 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
· Every second, a million minutes (17,000 hours) of video content will cross global IP networks by 2021, according to Cisco (via Forbes).
· The 25-34 (millennial) age group watches the most online videos and men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women.
· Over 500 million (half a BILLION) people are watching video on Facebook every day (viaForbes).
MOBILE VIDEO MARKETING STATISTICS
· Over half of video content is viewed on mobile.
· 92 percent of mobile video viewers share videos with others.
· 90% of Twitter video views happen on a mobile device.
· Periscope users have created more than 200 million broadcasts.
· 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat per day.
Video Marketing Engagement Statistics
· 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
· Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users.
Sixty-four percent of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social videos (via tubularinsights).
· 59% of executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic, they are more likely to choose video.
· Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined.
Views on branded video content have increased 258% on Facebook and 99% on YouTube as of June 2017 (via tubularinsights).
· [NEW] You can now use GIFs in Facebook ads! We tried it out ourselves, and on the first day the ad below outperformed any other live Facebook ad we were running.
· Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from SERPs.
· Videos up to 2 minutes long get the most engagement.
· 85% of Facebook videos are watched without sound.
· Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more.
· Native videos on Facebook have 10 times higher reach compared to YouTube links.
· The average CVR for websites using video is 4.8%, compared to 2.9% for those that don’t use video.
· Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP.
· 46% of users act after viewing an ad.
· An initial email with a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
· Cisco states that Live internet video will account for 13 percent of the total video traffic in 2018 (via Forbes).
· Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors.
· Blog posts incorporating video attract 3x as many inbound links as blog posts without video.
· Combining video with full-page ads boosts engagement by 22 percent.
Fun Video Marketing Facts
· Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text.
· Internet video traffic made up 69% of all global consumer Internet traffic in 2017.
· By 2019, internet video traffic will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
· The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.